Case Unit: 100 Dry-Sponges Per Case
Cellulose is an ideal sampling material for monitoring for the presence of food-borne pathogens and meets specifications for sample collection of the Rules and Regulations of the Federal Register (Vol 61, No. 144, 1996). The durable sponge is biocide-free and will not affect organism viability. It is decontaminated through gamma irradiation to maintain aseptic conditions. As a dry sponge, this product can be used with any number of in-house or pre-mixed buffers and sampling solutions to meet the testing needs at the time the sample is taken. It is suitable for use in dry-only facilities where dry sampling is required. The cellulose material is effective for capturing particulates in dry sampling scenarios. The sponge also comes with a 3M Sample Bag to hold it after sampling for safe, convenient transportation to the lab. The 5 x 9 inch bag holds up to 18 oz/0.53 L and has a writable surface to note sample details and for quick, easy identification. This product is made in the USA with globally sourced materials and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only.
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approach is the most widely accepted food safety management protocol worldwide. Sample collection products from 3M are a crucial part of this approach to identify potential food-borne hazards and pinpoint where they reside. Portability, stable enrichment media, and easy-to-handle swabs and sponges are designed to test for a wide variety of potential hazards and deliver exceptionally accurate results. They are engineered to safely gather, hold, and secure contents from the collection site to the lab without leaking or compromising the sample.
- 1.5 x 3 inch dry sponge can be used with a wide range buffers and enrichment media and in dry-only environments.
- Simplified packaging convenience minimizes handling and preparation and reduces waste.
- Biocide-free sponge does not affect organism viability.
- 5 x 9 inch printable sample bag included for safe, convenient transportation to lab.
- Decontaminated through gamma irradiation to maintain aseptic conditions.
- Beverage & Bottled Water, Dairy, Food Services & Catering, Fruits & Vegetables, Meat, Pet Food & Animal Feed, Poultry & Eggs, Prepared & Processed Foods, Seafood, Water Testing
- Environmental Test, Food & Beverage Test