Case Unit: 100 Sponge-Sticks Per Case
This 1.5 x 3 inch biocide-free cellulose sponge is mounted at one end of a stick and includes a sample bag. Cellulose is an ideal sampling material for monitoring for the presence of food-borne pathogens and meets specifications for sample collection of the Rules and Regulations of the Federal Register (Vol 61, No. 144, 1996). The 3M Sponge-Stick allows a worker to collect samples without touching the inside of the bag, helping to maintain sample integrity. The stick also allows a worker to access hard-to-reach areas and take the sample without directly handling the sponge, making it ideal for reaching into drains, pipes, and around equipment. The sponge snaps free from the handle to allow for easy handling and transportation and a thumb-stop helps negate contact with the sponge. The sponge itself is durable and biocide-free and does not affect organism viability. As a dry sponge, this product meets requirements for use in dry-only environments. Alternatively, it can also be used with any number of in-house or pre-mixed buffers and sampling solutions to meet the testing needs at the time the sample is taken. The cellulose material is highly absorbent and will effectively hold and release the sample without excess dripping. The sponge stick also comes with a 3M Printed Sample Bag to hold it after sampling for safe, convenient transportation to the lab. The bag has a writable surface to note sample details and for quick, easy identification. They are decontaminated through gamma irradiation to maintain aseptic conditions. This product is made in the USA with globally sourced materials and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only.
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approach is the most widely accepted food safety management protocol worldwide. Sample collection products from 3M are a crucial part of this approach to identify potential food-borne hazards and pinpoint where they reside. Portability, stable enrichment media, and easy-to-handle swabs and sponges are designed to test for a wide variety of potential hazards and deliver exceptionally accurate results. They are engineered to safely gather, hold, and secure contents from the collection site to the lab without leaking or compromising the sample.
- Stick-mounted sponge design allows the ability to access hard to reach areas without directly handling the sponge.
- Stick-mounted sponge design provides the ability to easily snap off the sponge from the handle after swabbing.
- Simplified packaging minimizes handling and preparation and reduces waste.
- Completely dry sponge meets requirements for use in dry-only environments.
- 6 x 11 inch sample bag with a 30 oz/0.89 L capacity included for safe, convenient transportation to lab.
- Beverage & Bottled Water, Dairy, Food Services & Catering, Fruits & Vegetables, Meat, Pet Food & Animal Feed, Poultry & Eggs, Prepared & Processed Foods, Seafood, Water Testing
- Environmental Test, Food & Beverage Test