USHIO’s Sōlarc single-ended lamps allow the equipment designer to capitalize on the lamp’s unique short arc length. At 1.27mm, with a peak luminance at the cathode, the lamp begins to approximate a point source. Coupled with carefully designed lenses or reflectors with maximum light capture and the appropriate focus, the lamp can deliver high-intensity light to tightly controlled or divergent beam applications. The figure below shows the luminous intensity distribution of the arc. The two sources of peak intensity lie near the electrode tips.
Metal halide lamps are inherently very efficient, providing two to three times the efficacy of either halogen or xenon lamps. Optimizing the optical system using the short arc can provide an efficiency increase in many applications, allowing the Sōlarc lamp to deliver as much light as a halogen lamp with four to five times more wattage. High efficacy plus the resultant decreased demand for power allow the equipment designer to develop miniature, lighter weight, portable and even battery-powered product configurations.
Bright White Light
Sōlarc lamps inherently exhibit a correlated color temperature comparable to the sun of 5,000K–7,000K. Halogen lamps normally operate in the 3,000°K–3,200°K range and vacuum incandescent lamps in the 2,600K–2,900K range. In visible terms, the lower color temperature dictates more red or yellow in the light. The higher color temperature enables realistic visualization of color rendering and contrast. While it is possible to operate halogen lamps up to 4,300K by the use of filters, it is at the expense of severely reducing the lamp’s light output and life. The daylight color temperature of the Sōlarc lamp produces a whiter, “cooler” light, which reproduces the full range of colors. The output is color balanced, making it ideal for use with CCD video cameras.
Excellent Light Maintenance
Unlike many metal halide lamps, Sōlarc lamps maintain much of their intensity and color balance throughout their life. In applications requiring white light, the life of the Sōlarc lamp could be many times that of a competing halogen lamp. Typically our lamps will maintain 75% of their initial intensity. Shifts in X and Y chromaticity values are typically less than 1.5%.
Lamp life is defined as a rated median life with a duty cycle of one hour on and 15 minutes off for 19, 22 and 25W lamps. The median life is the time at which 50% of the lamps are still operational. An application requiring a duty cycle with a longer “on” time for each start will extend the life, and shorter “on” times will reduce lamp life. The predominant symptom of end of life will be failure of the lamp to start.
- Wattage: 18-24 Watt
- Voltage: 60 Volt
- Base Type: 2 Pin Prefocused
- Lamp Fill: Metal Halide
- Lamp Size: MR11
- Lux Distance: 0.0092
- Correlated Color Temperature: 6,000K
- Aperture Size: 2.00
- Average Life: 300 Hours
- Endoscopes, Boroscopes, Dental Curing and Surgical Head Lamps
- AL1824 WA, AL1824 Welch Allyn, Baxter 7100, Borescope Hawkeye, Global M797L, Hawkeye Borescope, Luxxor LXX-24, LXX-Lamp-24, M797L Global, Orascoptic Zeon LumenArc, Patterson Dental Solarc, Reveal DLS-400 Patterson Dental, Reveal DLS400 Patterson Dental, Solarc Patterson Dental, Solarc Welch Allyn, Welch Allyn 49501 Light Source, Welch Allyn AL1824, Welch Allyn MFI Solarc Headlight, Welch Allyn Multifiber HL 49600, Welch Allyn Solarc, Zeon LumenArc
- 09500, 09500 U, 09500U, 90-1026-106, 901026106, AL-1824, AL1824, B00399-001 Cardinal, B00399001 Cardinal, BW WA09500, BWWA09500, DA-L400 Patterson Dental, DAL-400 Patterson Dental, DAL400 Patterson Dental, LXX-LAMP-24, LXXLAMP24, M797L Global, Ushio Solarc AL-1824, Volpi 90357.015, WA09500 U, WA09500U
- MSA 09500, ACUTRONIC 90357.015, AMD 300S, AMD-300S, BAXTER 7100, DENTAVIEW DV2, EFFNER 99-595, ENDOSCOPY SUPPORT SERVICE CL-8600, GLOBAL M725F, GLOBAL M725F-01006, GLOBAL M797, GLOBAL M797L, GLOBAL SURGICAL G3, ISHOT AL-1824, ISHOT EM10456, ISHOT LSX-24B, ISHOT LSX24-VBI, ISHOT LSXCCU-B, ISOLITE DRYFIELD ILLUMINATOR ORIGINAL, ISOLITE LB00105, MEDIT AL-1824, MEDIT MS-24, MEDIT MS-48, ORASCOPTIC A-ZD-LABULB, ORASCOPTIC AL-BULB-LA24W-SOL, ORASCOPTIC L-ZD-LA1, ORASCOPTIC LA24WSOL, ORASCOPTIC LUMENARC, ORASCOPTIC ZEON LUMENARC, ORASCOPTIC ZSLA24WO1N, PATTERSON 6045736, QUALITY ASPIRATORS AL-1824, QUALITY ASPIRATORS LS-ARC, QUALITY ASPIRATORS Q-OPTICS, REVEAL DA-L400, REVEAL DLS-400, STORZ CX6200, STORZ CX9510, STORZ MILLENNIUM, STRYKER QUANTUM 2000, USHIO AL-1824, VOLPI 90357.015, VOLPI INTRALUX VISION, WELCH ALLYN 09500, WELCH ALLYN 09500-U, WELCH ALLYN 09600, WELCH ALLYN 09600-U, WELCH ALLYN 46100, WELCH ALLYN 46101, WELCH ALLYN 46120, WELCH ALLYN 46125, WELCH ALLYN 46140, WELCH ALLYN 46143, WELCH ALLYN 47100, WELCH ALLYN 47120, WELCH ALLYN 47125, WELCH ALLYN 47141, WELCH ALLYN 49500, WELCH ALLYN 49501, WELCH ALLYN 49502, WELCH ALLYN 49504, WELCH ALLYN 49506, WELCH ALLYN 65053, WELCH ALLYN AL-1824, WELCH ALLYN DA-L400, WELCH ALLYN DLS-400, WELCH ALLYN LB18, WELCH ALLYN LB21, WELCH ALLYN LB24, WELCH ALLYN M21E00S001, WELCH ALLYN M24P021, WELCH ALLYN MFI HEADLIGHT, WELCH ALLYN MFI/VDX, WELCH ALLYN O950, WELCH ALLYN SOLARC MFI HEADLIGHT, WELCH ALLYN VDX